The Educational Objectives of the Shipbuilding and Ocean Engineering Program are as follows:
1. To equip students with an ability to design all kinds of marine vehicles, coastal and offshore structures,
2. To provide students with a strong background in engineering fundamentals allowing lifelong learning, which will aid them in problem solving and decision-making,
3. To provide students with skills to handle conflict, work in teams with different backgrounds due to the diverse working areas, and care about the environment and other related contemporary issues,
4. To graduate students competent in written/oral presentation skills, and modern engineering tools,
5. To encourage our graduates for pursuing a career in academia, graduate studies and in research.